Dr. John Peterson
TeachingMy classes and projects are found on my MCIS Wiki Home Page.
Summer Computing Camp
The Math and CIS departments will be running a summer camp for high school kids again in 2008. I am organizing the camp and developing software. See the camp page for details.
My field of research is programming language design and implementation. I was one of the designers of the Haskell language and I have been developing "little languages" that deal with specific domains of interest. Some of these include:
- FVision, a language of visual tracking
- Frob, a functional robotics language
- Yampa, a general framework for Functional Reactive Programming.
- Haskore, a language of algorithmic music.
- Pan#, a language of interactive functional images.
I help to maintain haskell.org - the home of the Haskell language on the Internet.
My recent publications are here.
Phone: (970) 943 2392 Fax: (970) 943 7120
Office: Hurst 114